We have plenty of fun during our walks. In fact, our guests often get adventurous and request to see live snake in Hong Kong! Here’s a sneak peek into what went on during one of our Hong Kong walking tours. Thank you, Michelle, Bryndis and Laura, for the wonderful day.
Did you know…
- Cantonese people have been eating snakes for more than 2000 years!
- Snake soup helps to warm the body and alleviate joint problems. As such, it is a very popular dish during winter in Hong Kong.
- For an extra zest and crunch, add dried lemongrass and fried wonton skins to your bowl of snake soup.
- Snake bile – mixed with rice wine – treats cough, rheumatic pain, high fever and gum bleeding.
- One of the earliest recorded use of snakes in Chinese medicine was the application of sloughed snake skin, described in the Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing (ca. 100 A.D.). It treats superficial diseases, including skin eruptions and eye infections or opacities.
Want to know more about the medicinal uses of snake in Hong Kong? Or would you like to try some snake soup? Let us know as we love to help customize your Hong Kong tour straightaway. Visit us at Big Foot Tour today!